Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Craft Project

Sunday, December 11, 2011
Mandi: Christmas Present Spoiler Alert!!!

While I was visiting Lisa earlier this year, she made a really cute cape for her niece for her birthday.  I loved the idea and was able to get the pattern from her before I came back to Boise.  I decided then (yes, back in March!) that is what I would make for Hailey and Tanner for Christmas.  I put it off and put it off, but finally made them yesterday.  I made them reversible... Tanner's has a letter "T" on one side and a superman logo on the other side.  Hailey's has a letter "H" on one side and a princess crown on the other side.  I am not super crafty (at least when it comes to sewing!), so I was pretty proud of myself :-)  Here's a picture of Tanner's cape (I only remembered to take a picture after I had wrapped Hailey's).


2 comments:

Mandi said...

Awesome! I am sooooo glad you posted about this . . . I have been wanting to make the kids capes forever and decided a couple of days ago that I better get them made before Christmas. Well, I haven't even gotten the fabric yet . . . how perfect! I am sooo excited. For Hailey's birthday we had a cooking party and I got the kids aprons - and all they did was turn them around and act as if they were capes. They will love these!

Lisa O said...

Great work Kim! What a sweet Aunt you are. How's the scarf coming along? Do we need a knitting date soon? Any news on when the big day will be? I'd love to make the trip up to Boise for the wedding. Miss and love you!