Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Monday, December 26, 2011
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas - I know I did!  The day started out with a beautiful Christmas program at church.  I liked that Christmas fell on a Sunday because we were able to really start the day off the right way and remembering why we celebrate Christmas!

After church, we took the annual "stair" picture... this year's picture included a laptop as we skyped Mandi and family.  It was sad not having them here with us, but I love that technology allowed us to feel like they were part of our Christmas morning.
My favorite part of the skype was that Hailey put on the cape I had sent her and said "Super Hailey to the rescue!"  Ahhh, I sure miss that girl.  Then of course came stockings and breakfast and presents, followed by a nice long nap and dinner with the fam. 

Matt had to work yesterday (I counted down the hours until he was off!), so I was excited when he and Kylee showed up at my house just before 8pm.  Kylee squealed with delight when she saw what Santa had brought her, and immediately needed her food (she already had a shopping cart with food at my house) and her baby so she could be a "mom" and cook us all sorts of delicious treats.
She wasn't super interested in opening other presents at first, but then she really got into it and wanted to open my presents and Matt's presents as well.  I can tell that I'm going to enjoy Christmases more than ever from now on.  Seeing how excited sweet Kylee is over everything made my day.  Well, that and her great dad and my wonderful family...  I'm looking forward to an entire week off work and spending time with those I love :-)

0 comments: