Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Run 2011

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Saturday was the annual YMCA Christmas Run.  I ran the 2.5 mile race with Beki and Bryce and my parents walked the same course.  I always run this race "just for fun" - I never know what the weather is going to be like, and I don't really care about my time.  I know I could have run quite a bit faster (I told my brother just after the race that I thought I could have finished in sub-20 minutes), but I enjoyed the time with Beki and Bryce and we finished in about 23 minutes.  I just found out that I finished second in my age group... by one second!  I KNOW I could have run two seconds faster to finish first in my age group!  Maybe next year :-)

And one of my favorite parts about this race is that everyone dresses up.  Several months ago I bought long BSU gloves and leg warmers for this race, and I had been looking for a BSU tutu.  I hadn't found a tutu, so decided to bag that thought until Wednesday when Kris told me she had made a BSU tutu for her race day outfit.  She offered to make me one as part of my Christmas present.  I loved it!!
Me & Kris with our cute tutus!


0 comments: