Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flat on my Face

Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I am always a little nervous when it is wet outside and I wear heels to work - I don't want to hit that slick patch on the ground where my feet slip right out from underneath me.  Well, today I wasn't so lucky.  I was walking back from lunch and had just entered my building - I was inside, I should have been safe, right?  I had dried my feet off on the rug at the entrance and began walking toward my office when BAM - it was like slow motion as at first I started falling backwards and then overcompensated and fell forward pretty much flat on my face.  I must have not been paying attention and stepped on a spot of floor that was slightly wet (it was right by the drinking fountain)... unfortunately that also happened to be right outside the Financial Aid office where there was a line of about 10 students waiting to get in to talk with someone.  I wasn't hurt at all, and stood right up to hurry to my office, but the damage was done.  ALL THOSE PEOPLE saw me fall!  SO embarrassing!  Why couldn't I have fallen last week when campus seemed almost empty?  I hid in my office for the next hour, not wanting to venture into the hallway in case one of those students still happened to be out there.  Just one more thing to add to my list of embarrassing moments I guess!

0 comments: