Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pottery Class - Week 3

Thursday, January 20, 2011
Well, we're getting better!  Jen and I went once in between week #1 and week #2 to practice, and that really helped.  Last week I was no longer the worst one in the class - I had definitely improved.  It's getting a little easier each week, although we've still got a long way to go.  Today we actually made some bowls that we felt looked enough like bowls that we are keeping them!  They need to dry a bit, and next week we'll carve the foot of the bowls and then they'll be fired & we can glaze them.  Exciting!!!

Here's a little video of Jen working on her bowl:
And here's a picture of her finished bowl - it's beautiful!

Here I am - still working on my bowl.  In this picture I'm pulling the clay to give it height before I attempt to shape it into a bowl.  We didn't get a finished shot, but I'll definitely post one once it's all glazed and fired!

0 comments: