Friday, January 28, 2011

Vintage!

Friday, January 28, 2011
I have always loved reading, and have definitely been in one of my reading zones lately.  I've been plowing through books, and only wanting to read more.  I especially love getting book suggestions from others - I think that's why I like GoodreadsAs a side note, I would love more friends on Goodreads if you are already on that site or if you'd like to join!  Anyway, a few weeks ago, Sharon from work was reading a book called A Vintage Affair, and the book is centered around a vintage clothing shop and some of the stories behind the clothes.  Brooke also read it and enjoyed it, so I picked up a copy and read it too.  It was a fun, fast read (I read it in 3 days), and it really made me want to go to a vintage clothing shop!  I have visions of beautiful clothing from the 30's through the 70's, and am looking forward to checking out a shop I found here in Boise.

In the mean time, Brooke found this great online site with an amazing selection of clothing, purses, and accessories - poshgirlvintage.com.  I think I could spend hours looking through the site.  So. Much. Fun.  Anyway, I fell in love with this purse, and made my first vintage purchase!  I think the pictures are protected somehow because I wasn't able to paste the picture in here, so the link will have to do.

I also loved a lot of the dresses and hats.  I'm nervous to buy online without trying things on first, but I may break down and do it when something truly speaks to me :-)

0 comments: