Friday, January 07, 2011

Pottery Class - Week 1

Friday, January 07, 2011


For Christmas, Jen got me a month of pottery classes.  I was so excited for our first class last night!  The instructor sure makes it look a lot easier than it is!!  I am just hoping by week four that I will be able to make something that is recognizable :-)  Last night we learned about the pottery wheel, how to create a ball of clay, how to get the clay to stick on the wheel, how to center the clay, and we practiced creating an opening in the middle of the clay and "pulling" the clay upward.  Jen looked like a pro, but I think I was the worst one in the class of 6!  I will definitely need to practice.  I'm glad we get to go to open practice time four times throughout the month... I'm hoping next Thursday to impress my instructor with how much I've improved.

3 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

Oh how fun! You are so inspiring with all the things you learn to do! You are definitely not afraid to try new things and that is wonderful =) Love it! Thank you for making an effort to meet me =) Too bad the weather worked against us. Hopefully we will meet someday soon!

Unknown said...

Where did you take classes? I'm looking to take some.

Kimberly said...

We took the class at Puffy Mondaes - it's a little shop out in Nampa, Idaho. I believe they offer new classes beginning each month.