Thursday, January 13, 2011

Honored

Thursday, January 13, 2011
Each year, the Idaho Business Review recognizes 50 "leading women" in Idaho based on professional and personal accomplishments, as well as leadership and community involvement...  and I was recently selected as one of the 2011 Women of the Year!  I thank those who nominated me and wrote letters of recommendation supporting that nomination.  I feel so honored for having even been nominated, yet alone selected for this award.  Looking at the list of other women who have been selected humbles me, as they have really done some amazing things in their professions and in the community.

I have to admit, I've felt almost like a little celebrity at work lately :-) The online campus newsletter contained an article about the three of us from Boise State being recognized with this award, and President Kustra even mentioned us by name in his Spring Address speech yesterday!  Today, I received the following letter from President Kustra:
I had an interview with the IBR on Monday (they are creating a pull-out magazine in an upcoming issue of the IBR) and had a professional photo shoot.  Hopefully the photographer got a good picture of me.  We took pictures in a couple different spots, and he had me try different things like smile without showing my teeth (impossible) and look serious without looking mad (wasn't going to happen).  I hope he picks one where I was actually smiling like normal!  I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out in the publication and am kind of excited for the awards dinner (even though I'll be there with a bunch of people I don't know!!!)  Lance has already said he would come with me, so that makes me a little less nervous, and I've got my hair and makeup appointment set for that afternoon.  I'll post pictures in February after the awards dinner!

4 comments:

MaiTy said...

Congratulations!!

Robin said...

This is so awesome and I am not the least bit surprised. You are THE leading woman and I am glad everyone finally knows about it!

Lisa O said...

Congrats Kim! What an honor!

Mandi said...

Congratulations Kim! This is awesome.