Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Trip to Garden Valley :-)

Thursday, February 24, 2011
I was planning on going to Salt Lake City last weekend to visit Lisa and Val, and possibly my college roommate Heidi.  I was bummed to find out the afternoon before I was getting ready to head down there that Lisa had been really sick (sorry Lis - I hope you're feeling better!).  We decided maybe I should postpone my trip, which probably ended up for the better because Val ended up making a last minute trip to Boise and Heidi had been busy with work and school.

Anyway, I was no longer sure what I should do with my 4-day weekend (I had taken a vacation day Friday, and Monday was a holiday)... so I was excited when Mandy and Mike invited me to join them at a cabin they had rented in Garden Valley.  Yes, I had just been to GV a few weeks earlier, but I love the little escape.  Plus they had planned a trip to the tubing hill, which I hadn't been able to do last month with our snowmobiling adventures. 
I had a really nice time - the tubing hill was awesome, and we enjoyed the rest of the time at the cabin relaxing, eating, learning a new card game (31), etc.  The adults spent quite a bit of time playing the Kinect while the kids played outside the cabin sledding down the little hill - check out how goofy we look in this video... but we had a blast!  Thanks for the invite guys, and for making my weekend worthwhile :-)

1 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

So fun! Looks like a blast! The Orphan Train Rider is a great book but is probably considered a youth book =) I found it in the children's section and although it has chapters it has big words and is quite a quick read. Not sure if that is what your book club is looking for =) Hope you find something good to read!