Saturday, February 05, 2011

Pottery Update

Saturday, February 05, 2011
Well, pottery class is over.  I'm kind of sad about that - I've really enjoyed going the last few weeks.  I definitely want to take another class, but my calendar is full the next few Thursdays, so I'll have to wait until I don't have as much going on.  Anyway, I went back today to finish up the last pieces I had made - I had already thrown the clay into the shapes I wanted, but needed to trim them (basically cut the extra clay off the bottom and make "feet" on them so they aren't completely flat on the bottom).  I ended up with three bowls and two plates.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the firing and glazing process.  Stay tuned for one final pottery post once they are totally done!

1 comments:

Robin said...

These look great. Anne H has given me some of her pottery (because I beg with the cow eyes) and I love it. Roland wants to put a pottery wheel and kiln at the cabin (why? he's never done pottery? but doesn't seem so cool to throw pottery on the banks of the SF?) So if we do that (after we pay for everyone's college and junk) you can come up and throw pots with Roland! I'll make a big salad in one of the bowls and then when we get tired we can sit in the shade and nap.