Sunday, February 13, 2011

BYP Lounging Series with Brad Little

Sunday, February 13, 2011
Tuesday evening I attended my first BYP Lounging Series event.  It was held at the Arid Club, a private club in Boise - it was fun to check out the exclusive venue.  The guest of the evening was Lieutenant Governor Brad Little, and he took about 35 minutes talking to us about his views on current state issues as well as where he sees our state heading in the future.  He then took the next 25 minutes or so answering questions from the audience.  I appreciate his honest answers - and some of them weren't easy questions!  I am looking forward to future Lounging Series events where we as young professionals have a chance to dialog with local leaders on important issues.

On a side note, I found out this week in our BYP Leadership Team meeting that BYP's website is the second most visited "young professionals" website in the nation, just behind Chicago... pretty cool, right?  BYP is such a fantastic organization that has really opened some exciting doors for me.

0 comments: