Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Learning to Crochet

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Jen has been teaching me how to crochet so that I could make a scarf for the Special Olympics.  I remember trying to crochet back in 2003 when I was a Young Womens leader and I failed miserably.  I got so frustrated just trying to make a washcloth!  I gave up and haven't tried again until just a couple weeks ago.  Jen convinced me that it was easy... well at least she made it look easy!  I wasn't so sure if I was cut out for crocheting after spending hours on my first two rows... they were warbly and uneven, but eventually I started getting faster, more consistent, and just better.  I am happy to report that I finished my first ever crocheted scarf tonight!  Here's a picture to prove it - just don't look too closely at how crummy the first few rows look.  I hope whichever athlete gets my scarf will know how much love and work went into making it, even though it's far from perfect :-)

1 comments:

Sally said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to crochet and that is awesome! Way to go for sticking with it (or retrying it!) I tried knitting and hated it and have never gone back, but maybe someday....

You do so much volunteer work! I love the RMH pictures. Inspiring!