Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ronald McDonald House

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I don't know how I have gone 30 years without ever volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH for short in the rest of this post!)... I think I have always known that the RMH provided a place for families to stay who had kids receiving hospital care, and I have heard of different groups providing service at the RMH, but for some reason I've never been involved with part of an organized service effort there.  I am happy to say that now I have!  As a member of the Boise State Professional Staff Association Volunteer Committee, I had the chance yesterday to, along with some colleagues, make dinner for the families staying at the RMH.  We picked a menu of lasagna, garlic bread, caesar salad, and brownies, and had an enjoyable evening touring the RMH and cooking a delicious smelling dinner!  We were also able to deliver supplies from a supply drive we held at Boise State.  I'm looking forward to next time we can volunteer - we had a great time!  Thanks Rebecca for organizing everything!
Matt and Rebecca - prepping the meal
Barb - washing dishes!
Browning the hamburger!
The whole gang with Ronald McDonald


0 comments: