Sunday, April 06, 2008

General Conference Message

Sunday, April 06, 2008
I had the opportunity this weekend to watch part of General Conference. I wasn't able to watch all sessions, so I'll have to catch up on those when they are out online later this week. I thought I'd share part of Sister Susan W. Tanner's talk that really touched me. She talked about Abraham and how when he was taking his son Isaac to the alter to sacrifice him to the Lord, that Abraham had no idea Heavenly Father would provide a ram to sacrifice in Isaac's place. He obeyed in faith, trusting in Heavenly Father's plan. Sister Tanner went on:

"We are each in the middle of our earthly path, and we don't know the rest of our own stories, but we, as Abraham, are blessed with miracles. I delight in the Lord's mercies and miracles. I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity."

I add to Sister Tanner's testimony, in that I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and does have a plan for us. I believe that if I have faith in His plan, and endure through my trials, that He will provide miracles and I will be blessed.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I appreciate your insight into her talk. I missed a lot of conference due to some extenuating circumstances, and I am glad you shared this message. It's what I needed to hear today.

Robin said...

I loved this talk too. Conference is my favorite time of the year and I feel sad everytime it is over.

All About Us!! said...

I loved that part of her message as well.