Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tulips Make Me Happy :-)

Saturday, April 26, 2008
I think tulips are some of the happiest flowers. I have wanted to grow tulips for a while now, and finally planted some bulbs in the fall. I decided to plant them along the walkway to my front door so that everyone who came to visit me would see beautiful flowers. I got a little nervous after I planted them because I realized my sprinklers don't hit along this narrow strip, so I was overjoyed when they started blooming. I have been faithfully checking their progress daily, and they finally all opened up! I hardly ever use my front door because I go in and out through the garage, but I think I'll have to start making some detours as seeing these tulips really does put a smile on my face!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

They are so pretty. All of our tulips are the same color, but I love to see them start coming out.

Julie in Boise said...

I love tulips also. I would have a hard time picking a favorite flower,but tulips would be up there in the top 5.

Mandi said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see them in a month :)

Lisa O said...

We have tulips lining our walkway too. They haven't bloomed yet, but when they do I'll smile thinking that maybe you're walking up your tulip-lined-walkway too!