Saturday, June 25, 2011

Boise Rec Fest 2011 - Day 1

Saturday, June 25, 2011
After months of planning and work, and two full days of set up, I just walked in the door from a successful first day of Boise Rec Fest 2011!  Thanks to my friends and family (and the thousands of other Boiseans!) who came to support us at the festival, enjoy the gorgeous weather, and learn about some really cool recreational opportunities Boise has to offer.  Here are some of the highlights of my day:

Just after 10am... the calm before the storm.  It was fun watching the skateboarders throughout the day!
Again, first thing in the morning before the crowds - such a beautiful morning!
I ran into Aaron Ulmer and we played a round of cornhole games.  Aaron killed me!
The guys doing bike tricks were great!  Can't wait to see more tomorrow!
It was fun watching the little kids race on the Scottish Games obstacle course.  Hundreds of kids went through the course!
Robo surfer - this is Tate (my trainer Brandee's son).  I'm definitely trying this tomorrow!
Curtis (Brandee's other son) getting some one-on-one lacrosse lessons - he did great!
And of course I spent a ton of time talking to exhibitors.  Here I am with Boise River Volunteers - they take boats down the Boise River every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday once the river opens and clean up all the garbage in the river and along the banks... what a great organization!
Tomorrow is the final day of the event (if you don't count cleanup on Monday!).  I'm hoping to still get my chair massage from Elements Therapeutic Massage, try out the climbing wall, take a turn on the Robo Surfer, try on some of Dr. Bounce's cool shoes, and listen to Deadliest Catch's Captain Keith Colburn give a workshop about boating safety.  I will be blogging more soon with how the rest of my weekend goes!

0 comments: