Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Miss Them Already

Sunday, June 12, 2011
I think I have taken for granted the fact that my sister Mandi and her family lived in Boise for the last couple years.  It was just a normal thing for me to see them when we got together for family dinners at mom and dad's house.  They left for Michigan on Tuesday, where TJ will start a three year residency program.  I am happy for them, but am realizing that I am really sad for me.  I didn't get a chance to go to the impromptu family goodbye dinner Monday night (I had a Boise Rec Fest meeting followed by a birthday party), so thought I would say goodbye Tuesday morning before I went to work.  I called Mandi on my way over, but the entire family was still asleep (I felt bad that I woke Mandi up with my phone call).  I just said goodbye on the phone, but as soon as I hung up, my emotions overtook me and I started crying.  Really crying.  I didn't realize that I cared so much that they were leaving, and I immediately felt this need to see them one more time before they left.  I had put together some goody bags for Tanner and Hailey to take with them in the car, so I waited until they woke up just after 8 and stopped by their apartment for one last goodbye before their cross-country move.  I got my hugs and that was that.  I said goodbye and went to work, and they began their long drive to their new home.

I miss them already.
Hailey & Tanner
I am starting to wish I had taken better advantage of the two years they were here... visiting them more often, babysitting my sweet niece and nephew... but it is what it is, I guess.  It just makes me realize that maybe I need to take a slower pace in life.  I feel like I am always rushing from one thing to the next.  My calendar is packed with at least one to two commitments every night of the week.  I feel like I need to schedule vacation from work in order to clean my house or do some yard work.  I like to stay busy.  I like to feel productive.  It fits my personality.  But maybe I need to remember what's most important in my life and do a little re-prioritization.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm booked pretty much every night through June with things I've already committed to.  Think I'll start in July!

1 comments:

Mandi said...

Kim, we miss you too! Thank you so much for stopping by that morning. It meant a lot to us and was fun to see you. The kids loved the gifts. It was so sweet of you to think of doing that. We love you!