Saturday, June 04, 2011

Congrats Dr. Harris!

Saturday, June 04, 2011
TJ and his proud family

My brother-in-law TJ graduated from medical school at the University of Washington today - what a happy day for him and his family!   We were all excited to be there to celebrate this great accomplishment with him.  He is now officially Dr. Harris!  The one selfish downside is that their family will be moving next week to Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It will be sad not to have them so close!

It was a quick trip for my family - my mom, dad, and I flew up yesterday... Beki and Bryce joined us this morning, and we flew home tonight.  We met up with my Aunt Kathy and her friend Loris, along with a lot of TJ's family for the weekend... But in addition to the graduation, a couple family celebration meals, and some shopping at the mall, we did get in quite a bit of Seattle sightseeing.
Hailey and me on the ferry to Bainbridge Island - it was a bit windy!
Carrying my nephew Tanner around the island
 
Tanner LOVED the tractors!
View of Seattle from the ferry on the way back from Bainbridge Island
The famous "gum wall" at Pike's Place Market.  Wish I could have brought home some of the fresh flowers at Pike's!
View from Gas Works Park - the location of our post-graduation picnic... we had GORGEOUS weather!
Beki and me at the top of the Space Needle
View from the top of the Space Needle - it was so clear we could see beautiful Mt. Rainier in the distance.
 

0 comments: