Sunday, June 05, 2011

Grilling Season

Sunday, June 05, 2011
I love when it gets warm enough for me to venture out on my back deck and use my barbecue!  I know that technically I can barbecue year round, but it sure is much more enjoyable for me to grill when I don't have to put on a winter coat to cook my food.

Salmon is always my favorite food to grill.  First of all, I LOVE salmon.  Second of all, I love grilling my salmon outside because it doesn't make my house smell like fish!  Anyway, I decided I wanted salmon for dinner tonight.  I then dug through my produce drawers to see what I wanted to eat with my salmon (thanks to my Bountiful Basket, my produce drawer is always full!).  I found some romaine lettuce that I needed to use before it went bad, as well as some corn on the cob.  Perfect.

I had heard that you could grill lettuce, so I got to work googling different recipes.  I decided on this one from GrillinFools.com.  It was so tasty that I immediately became a "fan" of GrillinFools on facebook.  I took a look through some of their other grill recipes online and am excited to try more of them this summer!  I also grilled my corn on the cob - just husked the corn, wrapped the corn in foil, and grilled for about 15 minutes, turning the corn every 3-4 minutes.  Yum.

End result?  A delicious, healthy dinner.

1 comments:

GrillinFools said...

Kimberly,

Glad to have you as a fan, but you can do so much more with your corn. Every tried grilling it naked? The corn, not you!?!? What about smoking it? I've done both on the grill and documented them on the site. My go to recipe for corn is to grill it naked (again, the corn, not me)...



.......Scott Thomas
The Original Grillin Fool
President of Grillin Fools Inc.