Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small Addiction

Thursday, June 30, 2011
I don't know what it is about books, but I love them.  I don't just love reading them, but I love looking at them on a shelf, flipping through their pages, and BUYING them.  I admit, it is kind of a small addiction.  Every time I see or walk into a book store, I really want to buy a book - or multiple books!  I love getting my Borders email coupons each week, and can't ever pass up buying a book when I have a 30% off (or more) coupon.  Especially when I have Borders gift cards (which I ask for on any holiday and frequently "purchase" with my Discover card cash back bonus awards... thanks mom and dad, by the way, for the Borders card you gave me for my birthday!).

I think part of this addiction stems from the fact that one day I want a library in my house... an entire room dedicated to beautiful, wonderful books.  I often imagine having a house that would allow me to have a library like the one on Beauty and the Beast.  It is kind of my dream library.  I want walls of built-in book shelves covered with books.  Oh, and I want one of those cool ladders that slides from left to right along the shelves.  Wouldn't that be cool?

I have been asked many times if I would want a Kindle or Nook or some other e-reader.  I don't know that I do.  Sure, I love technology, and an e-reader sure makes a lot of sense.  But I just want to hold and admire my books.  Kind of like this stack of recently acquired books that I have yet to read  Aren't they pretty?!

Now that Boise Rec Fest is over, and I feel like my life is calming down for the summer, I'm hoping to get lots of reading in.  And I have plenty to do.  I keep adding to my "to-read" list on GoodReads.  Maybe I should get started now...

0 comments: