Sunday, June 26, 2011

Boise Rec Fest 2011 - Day 2

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Well, we did it!  We had a wonderfully successful second annual Boise Rec Fest!  I'm home and I'm exhausted after a few long days.  I'm SO ready for bed... and I'm blogging (surprise, surprise)!  I just had to document the rest of my time at this year's Rec Fest.  My brain is kinda fried, hence few words and lots of pictures!
Ariel shot of our event - just as we were opening yesterday

My morning started off pretty sweet - with a "ride" in the Coca-Cola hot air balloon (it was tethered so we didn't go high at all, but it was still pretty neat!)

There were an amazing lineup of workshops that went the entire weekend.  I took advantage of the yoga class this morning... in my jeans (and with my radio in my ear in case anyone needed me)!


I also listened in when Captain Keith Colburn of the Deadliest Catch talked about boating safety.

I got my chair massage - thank you Elements!
I tried out lacrosse...
And the RoboSurfer
And Dr. Bounce's new type of "shoes"
I talked to more exhibitors (of course!)




I watched some great entertainment at the youth stage.
And I tried my hand at the rock climbing wall.



Oh, and one thing I forgot to post about yesterday - have you seen these cool devices?  I guess there is some "square" app you can download on your iphone.  When you download it, the company sends you this little white device you plug into your phone... You just swipe a credit card through it and it charges your card.  You sign your signature on the face of the phone using your finger and then they can send your receipt via text message or email.  I thought that it was pretty neat :-)
I feel like we came so far from last year - we had amazing exhibitors, great workshops, and fun activities and entertainment.  We had a good flow of people almost the entire time (with the exception of Saturday evening - we are definitely looking at adjusting hours for next year!).  Of course we have things we would do differently, and we are all compiling our "lessons learned", but all in all, I was thrilled with how everything went.  Thanks to our entire team for months of hard work - I would say it paid off!

0 comments: