Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love to See the Temple

Sunday, July 20, 2008
When an LDS temple is first built, and before it is dedicated, it is open to the public for tours. I think the temples are so pretty from the outside, and even more gorgeous on the inside. I'm so glad we took the opportunity yesterday to drive the two hours to Twin Falls to attend the temple open house. As our guide walked us through, I enjoyed the beauty of the architecture, the artwork, the chandeliers, and just the attention to every little detail. I loved the room where three walls consisted of a painted mural of local scenery. In my favorite room, nobody spoke, and we just enjoyed the beauty that surrounded us. I think everyone there could tell that the temple was a special place.

4 comments:

rawhide said...

i got a ticket and hopefully i will make it to see this temple on wednesday....i´m going to see my nephews for the weekend. glad you are having some fun. what are you doing on saturday....i want to go rafting but who knows.

Jessica said...

Kim
I totally knew it was you that commented on my so soon :) The temple was amazing. It is really awesome to be able to get a group of friends together and do something so uplifting. PS we always do uplifting things... but you know what I mean. Also I am stilling some of your pictures especially the Twilight one cause it looks so cool! See ya tonight!

Emily said...

I'm going on Saturday. You've got me way excited. I heard that they're putting paintings of local scenery in the new temples. I love that. I guess the art in the Rexburg temple is great also with the Tetons, elk, and things.

Kimberly said...

Jessica - steal away... especially since you took one of them :-) No use in all of us carrying cameras everywhere we go!