Friday, July 18, 2008

Ride that Bull!

Friday, July 18, 2008
Tonight was another exciting night! Twelve of us decided to head out to Nampa to watch the Snake River Stampede. The nice thing about this rodeo is that it is inside an air conditioned arena :-) We got all decked out in western shirts, hats, and boots! After dinner at Costa Vida (where else?) we made it in time to watch the pre-show, which included mutton busting. Oh my word - those kids looked so tiny out there trying to ride the sheep! A little five year old boy won that portion of the competition - it's just amazing how young they start! The show went on to show bronc riding, steer wrestling, tie down roping, team roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. I loved the bronc riding and the bull riding. I can't even imagine getting on a horse or bull that would throw me around like that. I definitely don't have the guts! I made a short video of some of the highlights. I was hoping to find the Snake River Stampede theme song online so I could put that in the background, but I couldn't find it. Live sound will have to do!

2 comments:

Robin said...

OK. I am taking my family to this. We haven't been for 5 years.

Come see me on Saturday.

Katrina said...

Hey, I think I see you in the background!