Sunday, July 13, 2008

Satchel's Movie Night

Sunday, July 13, 2008
I've been thinking lately that it would be kind of cool to live close to downtown Boise. The culture there is so different than that of west Boise. It is more hip, more trendy, more green, more casual, and there is always something going on. No, I'm not going to move (I love my house too much), but the thought of living downtown has definitely crossed my mind a time or two in the last couple years.

So, the last two nights Jen and I ventured downtown to experience some of the nightlife. Friday we went to Bown Crossing, a new little upscale marketplace close to downtown. We sat on the rooftop of the Tavern, enjoying the beautiful view, a little bit of live music, and some chocolate cake :-) I loved the atmosphere and will definitely be back (even though they didn't have the virgin strawberry daiquiri that I wanted)! Then last night, we went to Satchel's and watched the movie Goonies on the side of an old building. The place was packed when we got there at 9:15, and the movie didn't actually start until after 10. It was a beautiful evening, and again, there was a super cool atmosphere. We had some delicious hummus and enjoyed dessert for a second night in a row :-) I didn't have my camera with me, so used the camera on phone. It's not the greatest quality, but you get the idea! I love Boise!

2 comments:

Robin said...

We have talked a lot about getting a place near downtown when we move back to Boise. I think it is great down there. I support you moving there.l

The Colburns said...

Thanks for bring the fun to us. I like your house to my dear.