Monday, August 11, 2008

Alaskan Cruise

Monday, August 11, 2008
I just spent the most wonderful week in Alaska on my first-ever cruise. My little sister and brother graduated from high school in June, and my parents decided to go on this cruise as their graduation present. Of course I jumped at the chance to go (even though it meant missing my 10 year high school reunion - boo hoo), and I couldn't have had a better week. I decided to break my trip up and post about each port separately. I'll just start by talking about the weather. I had heard that it rains all summer long in Alaska. I watched the 10-day weather forecast for weeks, and all it showed was low to mid-50's and rain every day in each of the Alaskan ports of call. I bought a travel umbrella, a new rain jacket, packed a winter coat, hat, and gloves, etc. I was ready! We ended up being SO lucky. The weather was absolutely fabulous practically the entire trip. At each port the locals would tell us how lucky we were and that it was rare to have a day without rain. The sunshine and warmer weather made the trip even that much more enjoyable! Anyway, here goes!

6 comments:

siredge said...

Missed you at the reunion, but I would have gone on the cruise instead too. And to think, I figured you just weren't blogging because you were reading the new Twilight book.

Steph said...

How fun!!!! I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise! I bet it was beautiful! And WAY TO GO on the running girl! Keep it up and I can't wait to hear all about the 5k. You are going to rock it!!!!!

The Cowan Family said...

I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise. Did you wave to Ferndale as you passed by? :) Looks like you had a blast!

Lisa O said...

I loved hearing about your trip my friend. Sounds like it was the perfect adventure! I was sad to miss the reunion too, but your excuse is much better than mine!

Lisa said...

I went on an Alaskan cruise after high school and it was awesome! I think we did the same cruise cuz we went to all the same places you did! I'm glad you had so much fun. I was bummed to miss the reunion, but hopefully I'll make it to the 20 year!

Val said...

Every time I look at your blog I get really jealous! You are always going on some fun trip and doing something fun! Take me with you!