Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fresh Corn on the Cob... in the Microwave!!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I learned the coolest thing today - you can cook fresh corn on the cob in the microwave! Here's the recipe I tried, and it was fabulous. I'm excited for a faster, easier way to cook corn :-)

Place corn (still in husk) on paper towel in the microwave. Cook time varies on the amount of corn cooked. Turn ears over and rearrange after 1/2 cooking time.

Cooking Timetable:
1 ear - 1 1/2 minutes
2 ears - 3 to 4 minutes
3 ears - 5 to 6 minutes
4 ears - 7 to 8 minutes
6 ears - 8 to 9 minutes

When ears are hot to the touch, remove and wrap in kitchen towel or foil. Let stand at least 5 minutes. Remove husks and silk (which is easier than when cold) and serve.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Yum! I love corn on the cob. I definitely miss living in Utah for that reason. I loved the corn on the cob stands they had everywhere (at least in PG) - I ate corn on the cob all summer long and it was so cheap! It seems like it would definitely be hard to get all of the strings off when it is so hot though (like you said). I'll have to give it a shot though.

Robin said...

Sounds real good. Have you tried grilling them? Same instructions as microwave...just a little more time.

Katrina said...

I'm gonna have to try this.

Mandy Nelson said...

The faster I can get the corn in my tummy the better! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for the tip!!