Sunday, August 31, 2008

Football Season Begins!

Sunday, August 31, 2008
Hooray! One thing that I love about fall is football, especially Boise State football! I think it is so cool how the entire community rallies together to support our Broncos (tonight's game had over 32,000 people in attendance!). I wanted to get season tickets this year, but only the really expensive tickets were available when my name came up on the waiting list, and I couldn't justify the cost. Oh well, maybe next year. So I was bummed thinking I might not make it to a game this season when I got a text earlier this week about tonight's game. A girl in another ward has cancer, and as a fundraiser, that ward put together a service project. The first 150 people to show up to the Boise State game tonight got a free ticket to see the game in exchange for helping to clean the stadium after the game. Of course I was in! The game was great. Not only did we crush ISU, but it was fun to see our new team in action. Cleaning the stadium afterwards took FOREVER! It would have gone a lot faster if there really were 150 people to show up (I think we had closer to 50) and if everyone who did show up stayed the entire time to finish cleaning. Jessica, Jenny, and I stuck it out till the end, and didn't get home till 1:00am, but it was worth it. We had a blast! Go Orange, Go Big Blue, Fight, Fight, BSU!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe you blogged last night!I was soooo tired. But we had a blast! Have a good day see ya later :)

Robin said...

Kim, it is fun to see all the cool stuff you do! I miss BSU.

siredge said...

I think you had the real solution for watching the game. I tried to watch over at my folks house, and they kept changing over to watch the Alabama-Clemson game. ??!! Something about how it was more important to see if a team in front of BYU lost than to watch BSU beat down ISU. Of course, my dad is kind of disappointed that most his sons are BSU fans over BYU fans, so maybe that had something to do with it....