Monday, August 11, 2008

Skagway, Alaska

Monday, August 11, 2008

In Skagway, Beki and I went on the horseback riding and canoing excursion. I was most worried about the weather for this excursion - I REALLY didn't want to be out in the rain for 3 hours. It was forecasted to be rainy and in the 50's, but the sun was out in full force, and I think it reached 70. Wahoo! We saw magnificent scenery along the horse trail. Riding was fun, even though I didn't have to do much to guide my horse (he pretty much just followed the horse in front of me). The lake we canoed in was SO beautiful. It was a glacial lake and was greenish in color. The water was super clear. I thought it was going to be really cold, but I think the Boise River is colder! Beki and I pretty much rocked at canoeing. We did great and didn't even tip :-)

0 comments: