Thursday, August 28, 2008

Paying to Park... at Work!

Thursday, August 28, 2008
I love almost everything about my job. I love the people I work with, the work I do, and the 5 weeks of vacation I get each year. I love that there's a Rec Center on campus so that I can work out on my lunch break, and I love how the beautiful Boise River runs along the entire north side of campus. At this time of year, I love how alive campus is, with all the students returning to school, and I absolutely LOVE Boise State football. One thing I don't love about my job is that I have to pay to park at my work. Yep, that's right, I can't park in any of the lots at Boise State without a paid parking permit (or paying by the hour, which is fiscally irresponsible when you work all day, every day, all year long). I have my parking permit fees deducted over the course of the year from my paycheck so I don't feel it as much, but it still totals $296 for the year. The thing that really stinks is that as a staff member I actually have to pay MORE than the students pay to park in the same lots! So I was just curious, does anyone else have to pay to park where they work, or is it just me?

1 comments:

Katrina said...

There was a rumor about a year or so ago that St. Lukes was going to build another (or add on) parking garage to teh downtown hospital and to pay for it everyone was going to have to buy a parking permit. Even the people who worked in Meridian and even those who walked or rode bikes to work. I haven't heard anything about that for awhile so I don't know if it's happening or if enough people put up a stink that they're postponing it for now.