Monday, August 11, 2008

Seattle, Washington

Monday, August 11, 2008
We landed in Seattle Sunday morning, and it was so sad to leave the cruise ship one last time. Since our plane didn't leave until late that evening, we took advantage of our time in Seattle. What is a trip to Seattle without visiting Pike's Place Market? Pike's Place is an absolute must go if you ever visit Seattle. It is a huge farmer's market with fabulous seafood, produce, flowers, handmade crafts, etc. I have been probably a dozen or so times, and each time, I admire the beautiful flower arrangements that are dirt cheap. I broke down this trip and bought a huge bouquet... It was quite the adventure going through airport security with the flowers. I had to try three times to drain out all the water before I could go through security! People thought I was crazy to want to carry the bouquet all the way home, but it was only $10 and I couldn't pass it up. Plus, "all the way home" was only a one hour plane ride.

And of course, what's Pike's Place without the fish tossing?! Whenever anyone purchases fresh fish from this stand, one worker tosses a fish into the box that another worker is holding behind the counter. It is fun to watch and always draws a big crowd.

1 comments:

Lisa O said...

I would love to go to Pike's Place Market someday simply to take pictures. Everything looks so incredibly fresh and yummy. I think that's hilarious that you carried fresh flowers with you on the plane home. :)