Monday, August 11, 2008

Juneau, Alaska

Monday, August 11, 2008
I could hardly keep the smile from my face for weeks before the cruise whenever I thought about my Juneau excursion. I was so stoked for this day! It started out with a narrated bus ride through Juneau to the small airport. From there, I got to ride in a helicopter to the Mendenhall Glacier. The helicopter ride was amazing, and the scenery from the air was stunning. It was only a short ride, but I think I would have been happy riding in that helicopter for hours. I definitely need to do that again! The helicopter landed on the glacier, where I got to ride (and take turns driving!) a dog sled! How cool is that!!?! The dogs were beautiful, and it was just incredible to try my hand at mushing on the glacier. Some of the dogs had even raced in the Iditarod. Here's a picture of me on the dog sled with the musher Shawn and 2 other cruisers from Mississippi.

1 comments:

Lisa O said...

How cool is that?! Those dogs really are beautiful. This is such a great picture.