Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last night a group of us went to see the movie Eat Pray Love.  We started out with dinner at Goodwood.  Our group took up almost the entire length of the restaurant!  Outside of Costa, it seems like Goodwood is the only other restaurant we ever go to, but I love their food!  I usually get pulled pork, but last night I enjoyed the delicious salmon with dill & capers and smashed potatoes :-)

 

Only eight of us ended up making it to the movie, but I'm glad I was one of those eight!  I thought the movie was a beautiful story of one woman's journey to find herself.  Over the course of the year throughout which the movie took place, she really found out who she was and what was important to her.  I have to admit, the movie did seem kind of long, and we had gone to a late movie so I was pretty tired, but it really was the message that I loved.  I've added the book Eat Pray Love to my Goodreads list, and I have already started thinking about how I might take that same kind of journey.  I would love to take a year off and travel the world, but since that's not realistic for me, I'll see how I can somehow take that same journey here at home.

0 comments: