Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend in Donnelly

Saturday, August 21, 2010
Last weekend, Jen and I joined Brandon and a couple of his friends at his family's "cabin".  I use the term cabin loosely because it was really a gorgeous three-story house right on Cascade Lake in Donnelly, Idaho.  We each had our own bedrooms... heck, Jen and I had our own floor!  Here's a picture of the back of the cabin... the stairs you see at the bottom of the picture lead out to the dock.


We started the weekend early by heading up to Donnelly on Thursday... after grabbing dinner at Chapalas in McCall, we had fun playing cards, watching a movie, and then laying out on the dock watching a really great meteor shower.  It was the most incredible view - we could see SO many stars up there away from the city.  I wouldn't mind having that kind of view all the time!

After a late night, we were out on the lake bright and early the next morning... and I learned to wakeboard!  I tried wakeboarding several summers ago when I had a boat (oh how I miss having a boat!), but could never really get up.  I think the longest I was up before this weekend was for like 12 seconds.  Well, I popped up the first time I tried this weekend!  I didn't stay up long the first time (it was longer than 12 seconds though!), and my next couple tries were much better.  I never got my guts up to try crossing the wake - maybe next time :-)  It was Jen's first time wakeboarding, and she did great too!  It was fun watching Brandon and Adam get so much air on their jumps.


We went into McCall for lunch, came back for an afternoon nap, and then went back out on the lake for some surfing.   I had wanted to try surfing, but it was really windy and I didn't really want to try surfing in the choppy water when it wasn't especially warm outside.  Adam and Brandon were awesome though, and I just enjoyed being out on the lake in the boat.

We ended the evening with some yummy dinner (including chocolate covered strawberries for dessert!), more card games, time in the hot tub out on the deck of the cabin, and another movie.  Jen and I headed back to Boise Saturday morning... It was definitely nice just getting away and relaxing for a couple of days.

1 comments:

Brandon said...

You’ll have to come back up and try surfing!