Saturday, August 21, 2010

Relief Society Campout

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My ward had a Relief Society campout a couple weeks ago.  It was actually really nice to be able to go camping without the hassle of planning where to go, prepping and packing all the food, etc.  All I had to do was grab my sleeping bag and camp chair and head out!  We stayed on some property the Ranstroms own right on Horsethief Reservoir.  We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous sunset!


Or course we had a campfire that night, where we watched the lightening around the night sky for a while before the rain decided to hit.  We all ran for our tents (after securing everything down)!  The rain didn't last long, but by that time we were all in our tents for the night.  I can't remember the last time I laughed so much.  Yes, I was in "that tent" - the one who won't stop talking and laughing that I'm usually annoyed with, but we couldn't help it.  We were having so much fun :-)  It's amazing how entertained we kept ourselves with a camera taking pictures of our faces at random angles that made us look like aliens.  Sorry - there's no way I'm posting those pictures here!


The next morning we got in a hike before it was time to head home.  We started out on an old logging trail, but ended up bushwacking our way across the mountain for part of our hike :-)  I just love being out in the beautiful Idaho outdoors - and am happy that I've taken time this summer to enjoy them!

0 comments: