Tuesday, August 03, 2010

My Vacation Diet

Tuesday, August 03, 2010
For some reason I think I can eat whatever I want on vacation.  Well, my scale didn't quite agree with me when I got home!  Oh well, at least I enjoyed every bite of the delicious food I ate on the coast!

The first night in Lincoln City, we went to a nice restaurant right on the beach.  Most of us ordered halibut.  I LOVE halibut.  Kris and I shared a couple different kinds of halibut - one with shrimp and pico, the other that was encrusted with Parmesan cheese and macadamia nuts and was topped with crab.  SO delicious!  I could seriously eat that every night (well, maybe switch back and forth between the halibut and Costa Vida!).

Here's a picture of all six of us at the restaurant - Brenda, Traci, Kris, me, Annie, and Mandy.

We tried out a 50's diner on Saturday for lunch - Flashbacks.  It was so much fun.  The decor was great - and we entertained ourselves with hula hoops while we waited for our lunch to come!

How could we pass up dessert in a place like this?  Mandy and I shared a giant banana split with double whipped cream.  We ate every bite :-)

We also made a couple fun meals at the house - tortilla soup and pulled pork sandwiches.  And when you're on the beach, you've gotta make fun drinks, right?  Kris made me a special virgin strawberry daiquiri.  It was delish.

0 comments: