Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Girls Trip to Lincoln City, Oregon

Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Several months ago, Kris decided she wanted to organize a girls trip.  I, of course, jumped on board immediately... well at least after she changed the location from Vegas to the Oregon Coast!  This summer seemed to drag as we all anticipated the weekend we would be able to get away and relax on the coast, enjoying the beach and the cooler weather.  That weekend finally arrived last Thursday!  We all had the most amazing time!  I'm posting several posts from the weekend to break things up a bit.

I'll start with the actual trip to the coast:

Brenda and I flew into Portland and rented a car for the weekend to drive to the coast (everyone else drove the 9+ hours from Boise).  I was SO thankful my parents lent me their GPS.  I've never really used a GPS before, but I had so much fun plugging in our destinations and having it tell me step-by-step directions!  I think I might have to buy myself one for Christmas!

Our first stop was breakfast.  I had googled "best breakfast in Portland" and decided to try the Screen Door.  We plugged in the address, only to get there and find out the Screen Door is only open for dinners and brunch on Saturday and Sunday.  Bummer.  So we just checked the GPS for another nearby food location.  I think it took us to a Catholic mission.  Um, not exactly what we were looking for!  We scrolled through more options on the GPS and found a Paradise Bakery - I LOVE Paradise Bakery.  We had to-die-for ham and swiss croissant sandwiches and got a couple dozen cookies to go.  We then had a blast shopping in the mall - I found some adorable shoes (which I bought in two colors!), a dress, and a couple shirts.  We also got facials at Clinique, after which I ended up buying the products they used on me - they really helped reduce the redness in my skin!

After an entire morning of shopping in Portland, we decided to head out to the coast.  We stopped along the way to buy some fresh local blueberries.  Yummy!  We then headed to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  I love that place!  We had grilled cheese sandwiches and stocked up on some more treats for the trip... cheese cubes, cheese curds, cheese spread with crackers, fresh fudge, and more!

We traveled another hour or so south to our house along the most beautiful highway surrounded by forest.  We were amazed with the gorgeous flowers EVERYWHERE!  They were growing wild along the side of the road and flower baskets hung from almost every house.

I had so much fun traveling with Brenda!  I'm glad she decided to fly with me :-)

0 comments: