Monday, August 30, 2010

Ponderosa State Park and Pancake House

Monday, August 30, 2010
I went camping with the Mountain View Branch this last weekend up in McCall at Ponderosa State Park... yes, this was my third camping trip in four weeks!  I couldn't leave until after work, so Emily and I got up there kind of late on Friday evening, but enjoyed good food and great company as we sat around the campfire chatting away.

Saturday morning, a handful of us got up bright and early to grab breakfast at Pancake House.  Gotta love those plate-sized cinnamon rolls and pancakes!
Lance, me, Emily, Carsten, Lindsay, and McKay

We got back to camp just after 8:00 because Lance and McKay were in charge of making breakfast for everyone!  Emily made Deidre a plate-sized pancake since she missed out on the Pancake House... I'm sure it was almost as good :-)

After breakfast, a handful of us decided to head out on a hike to a lookout over Payette Lake.  Emily, Sam, and I ran the trail (about 3.5 miles each way).  It actually felt good to be out running, but boy were my hips were sore on Sunday!  I have decided I'm starting a running regimen back up!

We ended the afternoon with lunch and some card games, then stopped in Donnelly and Rosebury on the way back home.  Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys this weekend!

1 comments:

Robin said...

this makes me homesick.