Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Lincoln City Beach

Tuesday, August 03, 2010
We of course spent plenty of time on the beach!  One of the first things we did when we got to the coast was take a walk on the beach :-)  I had just had a pedicure two days before the trip!

We also took a walk on the beach first thing Friday morning (right after Kris and I worked out - that's why we look so cute!) when the tide was low.  The barnacles on the rock were amazing... and we loved the starfish and "sea cucumbers" (we weren't sure what they were called so that's what we named them!)


I discovered the ocean was a little cold :-)  In fact, my feet got numb a couple times when they got too wet.  Here I am running toward shore when a wave came up further than I expected!  I didn't know Brenda was going to snap a picture... check out the reaction to the cold water on my face!

Brenda and I took thirteen different shots to finally get this one of the surf coming up to our feet...

We had a fire on the beach on Friday night and roasted marshmallows.  It took us a while to get the fire started, but it was lots of fun once we got it going!  Kris and Traci made smores, while Mandy and I enjoyed the roasted marshmallows one browned layer at a time.

And finally - we were excited to see Nye Beach as we were driving south to Newport.  Here I am in a picture with the sign!

0 comments: